News Release 10/09/18
GASB Forms Working Group to Address Tribal Government Accounting and Financial Reporting Alternatives
Norwalk, CT, October 9, 2018—The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has convened a working group to identify viable alternatives for addressing accounting and reporting issues for tribal governments.
Members of the working group are:
- Heather Acker, Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Lacey Horn, Treasurer, Cherokee Nation
- Christopher Lee, Vice President—Head of Government Credit, Key Bank
- J. Paul Mansour, Managing Director and Head of Municipal Research, Conning
- Hattie Mitchell, Director of Finance, AMERIND Risk (member of the Prairie Band of Potawatomi Nation)
- Clark Partridge, State Comptroller, Arizona General Accounting Office
- Jacqueline Reck, Professor and Associate Dean, University of South Florida
- Tasha Repp, National Practice Leader Tribal and Gaming, Moss Adams (member of the Samish Indian Nation)
- Alan Skelton, State Accounting Officer, Georgia State Accounting Office
- Morgan Aronson
- Mary Foelster, Director of Governmental Auditing and Accounting, AICPA
- Russ Golden, Chairman, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Scott Showalter, Chairman, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board.
About GASB Working Groups
The GASB assembles working groups at the discretion of the GASB chairman for issues that would benefit from being addressed by a broad and diverse range of GASB stakeholders with particular expertise in the matter at hand.
Working groups are officially appointed by the GASB chairman. Their members typically have expertise or experience with the issue and can articulate the views of other, similar stakeholders. The GASB attempts to maintain an appropriate balance of financial statement preparers, auditors, and users on each working group.
- Initial TGAWG meeting – October 29, 2018 (educational session – closed to public)
- Additional in-person meetings (open to public) scheduled for:
- April 15, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- April 13, 2020
- June 22, 2020 (teleconference).